Wheat Free Dog Biscuits Recipe
Makes 40 biscuits.
We have 6 times as many taste buds as our canine friends, which may go some way towards explaining some of the disgusting things they will eat. They are also much less keen on salty foods, meaning we can omit this flavour enhancer from their foods and they won’t miss it one bit. We all know those fussy little dogs who refuse to eat anything but BBQ chicken, but most dogs are not that fussy. We need to make healthy choices for them, ensuring they have variety and balance in their diet. These biscuits are a great, healthy treat and great for dogs on a wheat-free diet.
2 cups of rice flour
1 medium sweet potato
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. water
Steamer, baking tray, biscuit cutter and oven
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into 1cm rounds and steam for 7 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a fork, then add the flour and oil.
- Mash the sweet potato and add to the bowl.
- Add enough water to form a dough and knead for 5 minutes on a floured surface.
- Roll dough until it is 1cm thick, then cut shapes with the biscuit cutter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are slightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack, then store in an airtight container.