Tasty Easter Treats for Your Furry Family
After much searching and a little experimentation in the kitchen, the Love That Pet biscuit recipe was born. This recipe has all natural, healthy ingredients that are safe for cats and dogs.
Easter is a time to carefully guard our chocolates, all for the safety of our furry family of course. If you love to bake and would like something to share with your pets, why not experiment with some delicious home-made treats for your dog or cat. You can tailor this recipe to your pet’s own nutritional requirements, so if you have a pet with a sensitive stomach or food allergies, adjust as needed.
Even Jimmy the cat thought they were okay!
Sweet Potato Easter Biscuits
Makes 30 small biscuits.
- 2 cups flour (rice, gluten free or wholemeal)
- 100g can of meat paste
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 small sweet potato (approx. 200g)
- Approximately ¼ cup water
- Extra flour for dusting
- Steamer/microwave for sweet potato
- Rolling pin
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Steam, boil or microwave sweet potato until cooked. Mash and leave to cool.
- Mix flour, tahini, meat paste and sweet potato in a large bowl.
- Gradually add enough water to form a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface and roll out to ½ cm thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter (we chose a star-shape) cut out biscuits and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container in the fridge.