5 Reasons to Use a Pet Sitter these Holidays
Are you planning to go away these holidays and wondering what to do with your pets?
Although your pets can stay at a boarding facility while you’re away, some cats and dogs really prefer to be at home. Getting someone you trust to look after your pets can have a number of advantages, both for you and your furry family.
A pet sitter is someone that either visits or stays at your home to look after your cat or dog while you’re away. Some pet sitters simply drop by once or twice a day to clean litter trays, top up water, go for a walk, and of course feed your pet their daily meal. Other sitters will live at your home while you’re away, and provide more ongoing companionship to your furry family member.
So what are the benefits of having a pet sitter?
- Some pets are happiest at home. Although there are dogs and cats who enjoy going on their own little holiday, some pets can get a bit anxious being taken out of their familiar environment. These pets tend to be happier at home when their owners are away, adapting much better to a new carer than to a new environment.
- Routine, Routine, Routine. Our pets are creatures of habit and their routines are incredibly important. From their feeding plan to regular walks. A house sitter can keep the day-to-day consistent causing minimal disruption to our pet’s lifestyle.
- Peace of Mind. Knowing that your pet is safely at home being looked after by a trusted house sitter can help you relax and enjoy your holiday without feeling guilty.
- Security. Your house sitter can bring in the mail, look after the garden and generally make the house look lived in while you are away. You can’t beat the security of actually having someone live in your home. Most house sitters can provide references or even police checks if you need that added reassurance.
- Cost. Sometimes boarding your pets can cost more than your own holiday, so if you have multiple animals, house sitting can be a great deal. The rate tends to be negotiated privately between you and your sitter and may depend on how much work is involved in caring for your house and pets and whether your home is in a sought after location. In some cases you can find a house sitter that just needs a rent-free place to stay in exchange for looking after your pets.
If you think getting a pet sitter may be a good solution for your furry family this Christmas, there are different ways to find one. You could try to call in a favour from friends and family, but they often have their own plans during the festive season. If you’re using a dog walker, you could find out if they also offer pet sitting services. Or you can use a website like TrustedHouseSitters.
TrustedHousesitters.com is the world’s largest house sitting network. It helps Aussie pet owners connect with pet sitters that have been reviewed and rated, and will care for their home and pets for free. You only pay a monthly subscription fee to use the service, which entitles you to an unlimited number of pet sits. The pet sitters don’t charge for their services because they get to travel the world and enjoy free accommodation (and complimentary dog cuddles!).
This Christmas, TrustedHousesitters is offering all Love That Pet members a complimentary 3-month trial to help you find your perfect pet sitter in time for the holidays. To start your free trial, click here.
To take advantage of the trial, you don’t need to provide your credit card details. When your trial ends you’ll have a choice of membership options to suit you, at prices that don’t break the bank. For example, 12 months of unlimited access to pet sitters in Australia and 130+ countries worldwide starts from just $9.99/month.